- Vitamin C: Belonging to the water-soluble type, Vitamin C is mostly present in citrus fruits such as oranges or lemons and is readily available as a dietary supplement.
- Helps in the growth and repair of tissues in all parts of the body
- Heals wounds, and repairs teeth and bones
- Makes an important protein named Collagen, important for skin and blood vessels
- It is found helpful to prevent heart diseases and stroke
- Boost immune system
- Diets containing vitamin C rich foods decreases the risk of Cancer
- Vitamin C rich foods contain antioxidants which lower the risk of high blood pressure
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E play an important role primarily as an antioxidant in the human body. It is found in foods such as nuts, fruits, eggs and poultry.
- It repairs damaged skin cells and act as an anti-aging agent
- It keeps your scalp from becoming flakey and dry, and also thickens the hair
- When consumed with Vitamin C, Vitamin E improves vision
- May slow down the process of memory loss in Alzheimer’s Disease patients
- Can prevents Anemia
- Some research supports prevention of bladder cancer
- Calcium: The most abundant mineral in the human body.
- It helps in the growth of bones and their repair
- It helps in maintaining bone strength
- It is an essential part of the teeth
- It prevent osteoporosis, a disease which soften the bones
- Can reduce the risk of rectal and colon cancer
- Participates in stabilizing high blood pressure in pregnant women
- Iron: Iron is a vital mineral required by the human body to perform various tasks. It is found in meat, beans, dried fruits and whole grains.
- It helps in formation of red blood cells
- It’s an important component of hemoglobin, which carries oxygen to the body
- It prevents Iron deficiency and anemia
- May prevent premature birth in pregnant women
- Biotin: Biotin is a type of Vitamin that is found in foods in small amounts. It belongs to the Vitamin B family as Vitamin B7.
- It helps in the breaking of fats and carbohydrates
- It acts as a coenzyme, needed for the metabolism of amino acids, fatty acids and glucose
- It helps to keep the skin and hair healthy
- It prevents thinning of hair and hair loss
- Supports healthy glucose levels in people suffering from diabetes